Skip to main content

Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips

Often called the invisible killer, carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide.

A person can be poisoned by a small amount of CO over a longer period of time or by a large amount of CO over a shorter amount of time. Don't let any time pass before you read over the below Carbon Monoxide safety sheet and please call AFPD at (707) 825-2000 and ask for Matt Knowles if you have any questions. 


Safety tip sheet on Carbon Monoxide detectors.
Join our mailing list