Skip to main content

Where can I dispose of expired or unused medications? 

There are a number of locations that are able to safely accept and dispose of prescription medications that have expired, are unused, or unwanted.  This includes controlled substances, like prescription painkillers.

For more information, contact Humboldt County Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) Healthy Communities at 707-268-2132.

May contain: text and word

You may also click on the following link to visit the DHHS website for a list of the bin disposal locations and associated directions to follow for safe disposal.


Join our mailing list